Say no to the proposed closure of King George A&E
Public Meeting 28th October 7:30pm Fulwell Cross Library
Bob Archer -Redbridge Trades Council
Bill Howe - Health Campaigner
Charlotte Monro - Health Worker
Earlier this year athttp://www.ilfordrecorder.co.uk/news/health/king_george_hospital_a_e_closure_plans_to_be_worked_out_in_next_six_to_nine_months_1_4076969
Matthew Hopkins the Chief Executive of BHRUT said plans to close King George A&E were to be published within 9 months.
July saw the loss of 24 acute beds at King George as part of the closure plan. August (the most recent statistics available) saw a decline in key safety measures at KGH such as.
1) A&E waiting times
3) 12 hour trolley waits
4) Cancer targets for 31, 62 and 104 days were missed
5) BHRUT admit they cannot met standards which may affect the safety of patients
6) The medical staff are voting with their feet with turnover rising by month by month to 25.95% in August
7) Medical vacancies are also rising month by month to hit 16%
8) The situation is in danger of deteriorating further with more beds closing in August because BHRUT could not staff them An unprecedented situation.
The meeting will call for the plan to close our A&E to be abandoned.
The statistics above are in the October BHRUT board papers here http://www.bhrhospitals.nhs.uk/Boardpapers131015.pdf