Thursday, November 5, 2020

Cllr Athwal makes welcome statement supporting new wing for King George Campaign

 Last night at a local forum I asked Cllr Jas Athwal to speak at a meeting in the spring of 2021 to campaign for a new wing at King George.

Whilst Jas refused to speak at the proposed meeting it was welcome that he said the following:

"Everybody would like to extend the hospital and so would I"

Jas prefers to work in the "corridors of power" on the campaign for now. I will write to Sam Tarry, Keith Prince, Rosemary Warrington and others to build a cross party platform of speakers.

At a future meeting I will be asking Jas to continue with his "corridors of power" campaign by meeting senior elected representatives and NHS managers to allow him to drive the campaign forward.

The meeting is at my Faceboook page, Jas speaks around 23 minutes on the issue the link is below.

https://www.facebook.com/1466018193/videos/10224245261866987/







No comments:

Post a Comment