Thursday, July 11, 2024

Asking Councillors what law is broken by putting our banner on Town Hall railings.

Dear Councillors

Yesterday the banner promoting the new wing for King George meeting on the 15th July on the Town Hall steps was confiscated by Town Hall staff. This is the second time this has happened.

There is a recording of the incident on my twitter account. 

I have ordered a third banner and intend to put it on the Town Hall railings again on the 15th July at 7:30pm.

I believe the Town Hall staff have been overly heavy handed and misunderstood the law.

However, should I be wrong I would be grateful if the appropriate Councillor, which is likely to be Cllr Athwal, who this morning was still listed as Council Leader, could explain what law is being broken and the penalty.


I was blocked from speaking at overview this evening, but I am delighted to report town hall staff changed their mind and I will be speaking. 


I hope that the order banning the banner going up on the Town Hall steps will also be rescinded.


It would be great if any of you could attend the meeting on the 15th July at 8pm at our Town Hall. 



 Regards


Andy – email allowing me to speak below:

Dear Andy,

You have been registered to speak as requested. Please refer to my earlier email. 

Kind regards,

 Scrutiny Officer

Assurance

London Borough of Redbridge

Lynton House, 7th Floor (Front), 255-259 High Road, Ilford, Essex, IG1 1NN.

 From: andy.walker@talk21.com <andy.walker@talk21.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2024 7:00 PM
To: Scrutiny Team <Scrutiny@redbridge.gov.uk>
Cc: Cllr Paul Canal <paul.canal@redbridge.gov.uk>
Subject: Re: RE: Question for overview tomorrow

 


Dear

I will be at the scrutiny committee meeting tomorrow, expecting to be called.

My question is in order,  I also have the right to  a supplementary question.

Will you refer my question to the chair of the meeting please?

Regards

Andy
Sent via BT Email App

From: Scrutiny Team <Scrutiny@redbridge.gov.uk>
Sent: 10 July 2024 18:48:45 BST
To: andy.walker@talk21.com <andy.walker@talk21.com>
Subject: RE: Question for overview tomorrow

Dear Andy,

 

Thank you for your email.

 

Noting that the information that you have requested in relation to the PDC Overview Report is accessible via Officers within the Council’s Business Intelligence (BI) Team, rather than via a Councillor on the OSC to whom you have directed your question, I am assisting in the provision of this information to you, as provided by the BI Team in the attached charts.

 

The information provides projections data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) which is based on the 2011 values, projected from 2018 – 2043, split by 5-year age groups and by sex. It also includes ward level projections from 2011 – 2041, split by sex.

 

I trust that this information sufficiently responds to your question.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment