Saturday, December 21, 2013

Come to the next save KGH planning meeting

Next planning meeting of Save KGH group Monday 23rd December 10am Ilford Town Hall

 Open to everyone who wants to work to keep KGH open


   1) Apologies
   2) Minutes and matters arising
   3) Discussion and response to BHRUT being put into special measures   
   4) AOB
   If you cannot make it, perhaps you could send me ideas for how to move the campaign forward.

  Below is the recent Redbridge Council press release on the last save KGH public meeting together with links to Recorder stories on KGH.   Andy 07956 263088

 King George Hospital A&E Campaign Public Meeting

A group of cross party MPs and Councillors from Redbridge made the case for keeping King George Hospital (KGH) Accident and Emergency open at a public meeting on Friday 6 December at Redbridge College. MPs Mike Gapes and Lee Scott attended the event to argue against the closure, as did Councillors from the Borough echoing the views expressed at November’s full Redbridge Council meeting, where there was a unanimous vote to oppose the move. Some of the concerns raised about the closure included: * a fear that some residents were in danger of losing their life * Redbridge was one of the fastest growing boroughs in the UK and so needed its own A&E * Barking, Havering, Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust (BHRUT) was failing to hit A&E four hour waiting targets, and Queens would be unable to cope if KGH A&E were to close. Averil Dongworth, Chief Executive of BHRUT, Dr Heath Springer, Clinical Director at Redbridge Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), and Conor Burke, Chief Officer for CCG in Barking and Dagenham, Havering and Redbridge  were there to answer questions from the public and explain how the process would work and what the CCG’s vision is for new services on the KGH site.   Mrs Dongworth said Queens was the busiest A&E department in the country, but would be able to cope with the new KGH A&E closure once new building works had been carried out at Queens. In a joint statement, the Group Leaders from Redbridge Council, Councillor Keith Prince, Councillor Ian Bond, Councillor Jas Athwal and Councillor Filly Maravala, said: “We are baffled how BHRUT can say KGH can be safely closed in 2015. We are nearly in 2014 and as yet we have not seen the plan of this new building at Queens. “The Council has written to the Secretary of State on several occasions opposing the closure. Residents can rest assured that we do all we can to keep KGH A&E open.” Residents can link to this page on the BBC’s website which will enable them to put in their post code and see how well their local hospital is performing each week on A&E waiting times. See more at:     

 The Recorder story on the meeting is here 

 The Recorder story on special measures is here allForwardDeleteFlagMoveMark unreadMark as spamHi, andy. Set Your LocationSign outPrivacy | Legal | Help© 2013 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment