Friday, May 24, 2019

Open Letter to Mr Hopkins & Mr Black re an apparent bogus planning consent made to support the case for closing KGH A&E

On 22nd May I went to the BHRUT board meeting to ask for evidence of the claims made by BHRUT that Havering Council has "approved" and "secured" the works to extend King George Hospital in the £49M plan to close King George A&E. The Chair, Joe Fielder refused to answer my question. Yesterday, I went to the Redbridge Clinical Commissioning Group expecting to get an answer as Henry Black, a co-author of the £49M closure plan along with Matthew Hopkins, was there. However, this time the chair refused to let me speak.

Consequently my open letter to Matthew Hopkins & Henry Black follows:

Dear Sirs

Your Claims that Havering Council has approved works to facilitate the closure KGH A&E

I hope you can understand my unconventional approach of writing to you via a blog post. However, I have good reasons to write in this way as my attempts to get answers using public questions at BHRUT and Redbridge CCG board meetings have either been ignored or I have not been allowed to speak.

You write in your £49M bid document to close King George A&E the following.

&



However, I can find no evidence of any such applications on the Havering website.

On the face it, you have manufactured a planning consent that does not exist in order to promote your cause to close King George A&E. However, I stress "on the face of it", as perhaps there is reasonable explanation to conflict between what you have written and the Havering Council website.

I would be grateful if you could supply the evidence of your claims at your earliest convenience.

If you do not reply by midday 28th May, I will expect there is no such evidence and that you have misled the department of health.

The time frame is tight because this week, BHRUT reported a capital resubmission plan below

http://savekinggeorgehospital.blogspot.com/2019/05/has-bhrut-applied-for-22m-to-progress.html

The detail of the plan remains secret, and after consulting with other save King George A&E campaigners, I expect a photo shoot to be organised to say the new plan must be published.

Unless, we have evidence to the contrary, the photo shoot press statement will say the previous bid rested on a bogus claim implying BHRUT had the support of Havering Council.

And so it seems reasonable to believe that this bogus claim may have been repeated again in the secret bid document which requires immediate publication so the public and elected representatives know what is planned for NHS.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards

Andy Walker






























No comments:

Post a Comment